Wednesday, April 21, 2010

R.I.P. Keith Elam aka Guru (July 17, 1962 – April 19, 2010)



If anyone doesn't know by now, Guru born Keith Elam from the group Gangstarr with DJ Premier had lost his battle against cancer on April 19,2010 (Monday). I found out Tuesday (4/20) at work when I overheard on the radio that he passed and I was like damn. Guru was one of my favorite rappers to listen to on my ipod. My favortive song from him is Moment of Truth while on gangstarr, his lyrics and his ability to put Jazz into Hip-hop was interesting to me since I'm from a generation where most hip-hop songs is really about death or a silly dance. My prayers goes out to his family and hopes hes in a better place in heaven where like my father and grandmother doesn't have to deal with pain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment